March 20, 2017 – Baylor Heart and Vascular Institute has executed a contract for a major research grant or nearly one-quarter of a million dollars under an investigator initiated original research submission to Amgen, Inc. The proposal prepared is titled, Therapeutic Intensity of Lipid Lowering Therapy on Recurrent Cardiovascular Events. The project will harness the power of the data infrastructure to evaluate the pharmaco-epidemiology of cholesterol lowering medications in patients with recurrent heart attacks. Stated Peter McCullough, MD, MPH, FACC, FACP, FAHA, FCCP, FNKF, FNLA, who designed the study, "This is important work given the new genre of super-powerful cholesterol lowering agents that are given via injections but at high costs. Please join me in congratulating Kristen Tecson, PhD, who will lead this project. I want to recognize Puja Garg, PhD, and Anu Vasudevan, PhD, who have worked administratively during the award process and will be integral to the research team as this project moves forward." Baylor Jack and Jane Hamilton Heart and Vascular Hospital team congratulates the entire research team on this announcement.
William C. Roberts, MD, honored by American College of Cardiology with a Lifetime Achievement Award, prestigious recognition from the American College of Cardiology on Monday, April 4, 2016, in Chicago.
For a listing of Dr. Roberts' books:
1. Roberts WC, editor in chief. From-the-Editor Columns Published in The American Journal of Cardiology 1982-2015. Dallas: Baylor Scott & White Health 2016:623.
2. Roberts WC, editor in chief, Interviews Published in The American Journal of Cardiology 1982 – 2015, Volume 1:A-K. Dallas: Baylor Scott & White Health 2016:684.
3. Roberts WC, editor in chief. Interviews Published in The American Journal of Cardiology 1982 – 2015, Volume 2: L-Z. Dallas: Baylor Scott & White Health 2016:571.
4. Roberts WC, interviewer and Editor. Collected Interviews of Baylor University Medical Center Physicians and Administrators Published in Baylor University Medical Center Proceedings 1995 – 2015, Dallas: Baylor Scott & White Health 2015:951.
5. Roberts WC, editor in chief. Facts and Ideas from Anywhere: From-the-Editor Columns Published in Baylor University Medical Center Proceedings 2011 – 2015, Dallas: Baylor Scott & White Health 2015:509.
6. Roberts WC, interviewer and editor. Collected Interviews of Some Visiting Professors
DALLAS December 3, 2015 — Baylor University Medical Center at Dallas announces the appointment of Milton Packer, MD, as the new Distinguished Scholar in Cardiovascular Science. Dr. Packer's recent study findings now published in latest New England Journal of Medicine.
read the release
Research Team Publishes Findings on New Heart Failure Drugs That Prolong Patients’ Lives
Dr. Packer, Distinguished Scholar, can be reached through Baylor Heart and Vascular Institute at 214-820-7500
Please click the "Continue Session" button below to continue using the website. To end your session please click the "End Session" button below. After 5 minutes of inactivity your session will be terminated and you will be required to log in again.